Just as much as I love to experiment with cooking and bartending, I love to experiment with baking. I came up with this idea because honestly, I didn’t want to peel apples to make an apple pie.
It’s amazing how just watching tv and wondering if I combined different foods would turn out.
It started because of my sweet tooth, and my daughter loves cinnamon buns or honey buns. Buying them premade can get pricey with her and my sweet tooth. I then began to crave apple pie with ice cream, but again, I didn’t feel like peeling apples.
Why not combine the two? Say wha?
That’s what ya girl did!
I made caramel apple cinnamon buns! The hell bout a damned diet! LOL. They came out awesome! Add some ice cream or whipped cream, and you officially have the itis you guys! Funny thing is it was so easy to do!
Caramel Apple Cinnamon Buns
2 pillsbury dough sheets
1 jar of cinnamon applesauce
1. Preheat oven @ 350 degrees.
2. Roll out cresent dough on counter. Try to stretch out dough without tearing.
3. Spread out applesauce on the dough.
4. Sprinkle sugar and cinnamon on top of applesauce. If you have cinnamon sugar premixed, this can be used as well.
5. Roll up the dough. Slice dough, an place into a greased pan. One roll should get 4-5 buns.
6. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Drizzle the caramel sauce after pulling buns out of oven. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.
I shall now pass out from an awesome dinner and dessert. Enjoy!